Do you have trouble losing weight? 👎
Is weight fast to come on but slow to take off? 👎
Do you struggle with nagging hunger and cravings? 👎
Well, you’ve come to the right place to lose weight and feel amazing! 😁
Traditional dietary and weight loss advice prescribes eating less and exercising more. At first this advice seems reasonable, but over time it has been proven to NOT work for many of us. This method depends on willpower, and willpower will never beat hunger and cravings. Eventually, people quit and go back to their old ways of eating.
But, what if I told you that there is a better way? An easier, science-based way to lose weight and feel great. A way that focuses on healing your body and regulating the hormones associated with weight gain. If you optimize hormone levels responsible for body-fat burning and decrease the hormone levels that promote body-fat storage, you will lose weight, improve energy levels, defy disease, and love the reflection you see in the mirror.
Top 9 Low Carb Weight Loss Tips
Are you ready? Here we go.
1) Choose Low Carb
- A low carb diet is easy to follow, tastes great, and crushes hunger and cravings.
- If you want to lose weight and reverse insulin resistance, start eliminating all added sugars and starches. That’s right, our love connection with bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereal, granola bars, etc. are packing on the pounds and body-fat.
- Believe it or not, this is an old but proven strategy. In 1863, William Banting wrote a booklet which is believed to be the first “diet” manual, called Letter on Corpulence, Addressed to the Public.
- It was written in the form of a personal testimonial. After struggling with his weight for years, he followed a new diet plan which emphasized, “avoiding sugar, saccharine matter, starch, beer, and milk.”
- Many modern studies have also concluded that on average, low-carb is an effective way to sustainably lose weight.
2) Eat When You Are Hungry
- There is no benefit to being hungry.
- The most common mistake I see when clients start a low carb diet is being afraid of dietary fat. Carbohydrates and fat are your body’s main energy sources, and it needs at least one of them to perform optimally. Avoiding both carbohydrates and fat results in hunger, cravings, and fatigue.
- Start adding healthy, natural fats for improved satiety. For example, avocado, olive oil, butter, full-fat dairy, nuts, coconut oil, fatty fish and meats, etc.
- Always eat a satisfying, delicious meal, so that you feel satisfied, especially in the beginning of the weight-loss process. A low-carb diet means that the fat you eat will be burned as fuel (instead of stored) by your body, as your levels of the fat-storing hormone insulin are lowered. YOU will be a FAT-BURNING machine!
3) Eat Real, Whole, Low Carb Foods
- Another common mistake many of my clients make when adopting a low-carbohydrate diet is getting suckered in by fake “low carb/keto” snacks and processed foods but in fancy packages and making big health claims.
- A low-carb diet is built on a foundation of real, whole, unrefined foods that are grown or raised on nutrient rich soil.
- For example, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, butter, nuts, seeds, olive oil, full-fat dairy, cheese, etc.
- Be very cautious of “low-carb” substitutes of high-carb foods like bars, chips, crackers, cookies, bread, and ice cream.
4) Everything In Moderation Is Crappy Advice
- Don’t eat bad, unhealthy food in moderation.
- Eat unlimited amounts of healthy, real foods when you are hungry.
5) Avoid/Limit Low Carb Snacking
- Snacking can stall weight loss.
- Most snacking occurs because snack food is easy to eat, tasty and readily available.
6) Skip A Meal
- On low-carb diets, hunger and cravings decrease dramatically. So, if you are not hungry, don’t eat especially if you have excess body fat to burn. Burning stored body fat will reduce the need to eat.
7) Be Consistent and Persistent
- Ask yourself, how long did it take for me to gain weight? How long did it take to become unhealthy? How long did it take to hate the image I see in the mirror?
- It can take years, even decades to gain weight. Additionally, weight loss doesn’t occur at the same rate for everyone.Therefore, losing it and getting healthy will take time, consistency, and persistence.
- This is a plan for success, not for a quick fix that ends up being another yo-yo diet.
8) Avoid Eating Fruit
- Don’t shoot the messenger…I am only bringing you the facts. Fruit is nature’s candy and we all know that candy isn’t great for weight loss.
- I know that we have all been told to eat our “fruits and vegetables”. Fruit is not a vegetable and should be eaten sparingly.
- Modern domesticated fruits are larger, less bitter, and have thinner peels and smaller seeds than our ancestral fruits. Did you know that fruit contains tons of sugar. Yes it is naturally occurring but nonetheless, it is sugar.
- Contrary to popular belief, eating a lot of fruit inhibits body fat burning, increases hunger, decreases weight loss, and may contribute to increasing body fat.
- For best results, eat fruit seasonally, grown locally, and occasionally.
9) Limit Non-Caloric Sweeteners
- Non-caloric sweeteners will decrease calorie intake. But, research has failed to show non-caloric sweeteners aid weight loss or improve health.
- In fact, these sweeteners may increase appetite, cravings, and insulin secretion.
- Additionally, for people with sugar addictions or who crave sugary treats, non-caloric sweeteners may lead to sugary and starchy cravings.
Ready to lose weight with low carb for good?
Check out my new 8-week program where I teach you how to lose weight quickly and permanently.
Valerie Grosso RDN
The Rebel Dietitian With A Mission
I hope you found this helpful. If you did, would you do me a huge favor and share it with your friends? It would make my day!
Check out my new 8-week program where I teach you how to lose weight quickly
and permanently. 👇👇👇
- Download my FREE Ebook to get started: https://healthrebelblueprint.com/free
- Check out DIY courses: https://valeriegrosso.com/courses
- Contact me for a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss 1-on-1 coaching: https://valeriegrosso.com/coaching
🥳🥳Connect With Me On Social Media 🥳🥳